Monday, April 4, 2011

An Often Forgotten Source Of Inspiration

Friendship. It's so necessary to us as humans, social interaction is paramount, but how does it affect me creatively? How does it inspire me?

Let's face it, I have fantastic friends and although the groups may have changed I think that leaving school has only strengthened my relationships with those who matter. I have new friends, I've got friends who I would never have expected to be close to and I've got friends who have just always been there. My friends have always been an inspiration, I don't understand how they couldn't be. They're such a huge part of my life and I can't imagine them not affecting my art.

A lot of the time they actually feature in my work, I guess working in mainly photography for quite a while that was inevitable. I would be thoroughly surprised if anyone I know well has not been in a photograph of mine at some stage. I am very grateful about the fact that my friends put up with it... constantly.

My friends have been faced with weird costumes in public places, body paint that gets stuck in your eyebrows and ill fitting clothing and yet they are still willing and sometimes even enthusiastic to help me when I need them. I love you all.

As you may have noticed I take a couple of photos every now and again, here are a small selection :) Judge for yourself but I think my friends are a pretty darn beautiful looking bunch of people.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment