Thursday, May 19, 2011

H Block Gallery

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Last Friday my studio tutorial group set up some of our current pieces in the H Block Gallery at QUT. I found it to be a really interesting experience. Still working in my theme of friendship my tutor had suggested that I experiment with an earlier collage technique on a larger scale without any boundaries. I found this quite difficult to do. I have never worked straight onto a wall, which is quite strange when I think about it. I mean I have arranged photos on my wall at home but even then I have worked to a framed grid or something. No boundaries was a new thing. The tutor gave me a huge wall space and told me to experiment. What started as something that was going to be about 50cm x 50cm turned into a trail of photographs a few metres long. I found that the way I had cut the images meant that I still needed a base so this was the way in which I could spread them out the most. In the end I think it ended up being quite an effective piece. A lot of people said that everyone looked like they were having fun. It was the best compliment they could have given me.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment