Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Leave Dem Bitchez In Stitchez

Photobucket


This is studio! Today I was super productive! Can you tell my first piece of assessment is due next week? I think I've almost exhausted the patterning I can do in terms of the patterns so today I experimented a little and started to work my stitching pieces off of the canvases. Instead of working on a surface I started to work in space, in three dimensions. I think ultimately this changes them from decorative patterns to experimentations with the medium of wool and the space it occupies. The above image is worked in a doorway, later with addition of other colour. The image below shows my studio space with the canvas pieces so far and a little bit of experimentation with space shown in the red and orange wool. Successful day of studio in my opinion. Please excuse dodgy quality mobile phone photos.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment